Life is too short to drink bad wine, and wine is always better when it’s red!
If you are an impassioned red wine lover living in Brisbane, you deserve every bit of information about it. You must already been exploring the events happening in Brisbane introducing you to the best regional wines or touring to places in Queensland to gain the best wine tasting experience.
Red wine doesn’t just tantalise your palate and scintillate your senses; it also offers an array of fantastic health benefits that can’t be overlooked.
The advantages of drinking wine have been known to humanity for ages. In monasteries, the monks were believed to live longer owing to regular consumption of wine in small quantities.
Most of the health benefits offered by red wine come from Resveratrol, a compound produced by plants to protect against UV radiation and fight off microbes. However, as drinking alcohol itself carries some health risks, it’s better to consume it in moderate amounts to enjoy the perks without knocking yourself with the disadvantages.
Benefits Of Red Wine:
- Improved cardiovascular health: When consumed in moderation, red wine boosts the levels of omega-3 fatty acids in the blood. Red wine also raises the levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), the famous ‘good’ cholesterol. The perfect amount you could drink is 150 ml, containing 127 calories.
Red wine also lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke owing to the tannins present in it. Resveratrol, on the other hand, helps remove chemicals accountable for blood clots.
- Checking vision defects: Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in Queensland, transpiring from overgrowth of blood vessels in the eye. Resveratrol can prevent vision loss not only following macular degeneration, but also diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment and cardiovascular diseases.
- Prevention against cancers: Alcohol consumption is linked with the development of other forms of diseases making the application of Resveratrol to cases of colon cancers debatable. However, some evidence suggests that wine consumption can reduce the growth of certain bowel tumours.
- Prostate cancer prevention: Studies published in 2007, Brisbane reported that men who drank a reasonable amount of wine lowered their risk of developing prostate cancer by 50%. Drinking an average 4-7 glasses of wine per week is considered helpful against prostate cancer.
- 5. Sun protection: Wine and grapes contain flavonoids, which inhibit the formation of ROS (reactive oxygen species) in skin cells exposed to sunlight thus countering the damage caused by the harmful UV radiation.
- 6. Acne cure: As alcohol has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, applying wine combined with benzoyl peroxide helps treat acne and skin infections quickly.
- Reduced risk of dementia: Safely drink 1–3 glasses of wine per day to diminish your risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. A clinical study conducted with data collected from 19 nations asserted a statistically notable lesser risk of dementia among regular, moderate red wine drinkers in 14 countries.
What’s more? Red wine also assists you to sleep soundly since it contains melatonin, a hormone that governs sleep and wake cycles. Also, it’s been discerned that red wine drinkers have a 34% lower mortality rate than vodka or beer drinks. That said, be aware of how much wine is safe for you to support a better quality of life.
Now when you have a tad more benefits added to your already long list of reasons to drink your magical potion, don’t refrain yourself from exploring the places for exquisite wine tour in Queensland and devour your glass of wine!